Sunday, September 14, 2008

Time for CAKE!

We had Stake Conference today! I have always liked stake conference, that is until I had kids and realized it was 2 hours long! 1 hour longer then sacrament meeting! Which means twice the time to WORK with your kids, begging and pleading with them to be QUIET!

I really wanted to be on time because last Conference we were 5 minutes late and there wasn't a chair in the house! We sat on the floor in the lobby! And it was CHAOS! So we tried but tried in vain because we were late again!
(For some reason we can make it on time to 9am church but we are always late when church starts any later!..... weird!)
But this time we got a seat in the primary room! So there were lots of kids in there and it was WAY more laid back! The kids still needed to behave but there wasn't quite as much pressure! ANYWAY.... we made it the whole 2 hours! Hurray! And I got to get a little bit out of Conference which was nice too!

BJ picked up a shift this afternoon, he is such a trooper! We had a bit of snag at nap time! I say snag in an attempt to be positive! The quiet time the kids usually have before nap time took up the WHOLE of nap time and lasted 3 hours! I tried to stay firm and require that they have a nap but after that long I just cracked! We watched a movie and tried to salvage the day! But at 7:00 I was wishing it was 10:00!

SO WE MADE A CAKE!

Megan's TEXAS SHEET CAKE! IF you have been LUCKY enough to have her cake, you know HOW SPECIAL and ADDICTIVE it is! It has a half a teaspoon of cinnamon in it! And that makes it so unique! With each bite you wonder what it is that makes you WANT MORE? I can never just eat one or two pieces! IT IS THAT GOOD! The boys helped the WHOLE time! Luckily it took an hour to make and by the time it was done it was time to get ready for bed!
It doesn't look like much, but I REALLY love it!

7 comments:

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Excellent work there, Chef Spencer!!!

It is very clear that Spencer LOVES to cook. And his apprentise, Cooper looks very intent ... it's clear he wants to learn quickly so he can make the next cake!!!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Wow, nice job boys! and how about sharing your recipe with your Gramzy?!!

Angela said...

Wow Cameo, I have to admit, I usually shy away from your blog because it makes me feel like a "loser mom", but I thought I'd share the zuchinni muffin recipe with you and how do I feel after looking at your blog? Well, you guessed it, I'm a loser mom. You always have such fun things to do with your boys. I'm so impressed, especially being prego, how do you do it? Anyway, here is the muffin recipe link, I just got it from allrecipes.com, it's my lifesaver at 5pm and I don't have dinner planned yet....http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zucchini-Chocolate-Chip-Muffins/Detail.aspx
Anyway, hope they turn out if you make them!

Abby King said...

looks good cam!!

HanksFam said...

Cameo, I'm glad you love the cake so much! I'll send you some other great recipes, too. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun up in Cedar!

Chris said...

those look...so....good?

CoLiE-O said...

I NEED THAT RECIPE, PLEASE AND THANK YOU ;)