Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cinnamon Snails

I have been a little lazy the last few days about posting! SO hold on tight I am going to catch up!

Tuesday afternoon I was talking to my mom (complaining) about always making the same 3 things for lunch, Dino chicken nuggets, Mac and Cheese, or Peanut Butter and Jelly! And she asked me if I remembered Cinnamon Snails? I had no idea what she was talking about so she reminded me that we used to love them as kids, and told me how to make them!
Keep in mind they are NOT nutritious but super fun for the kids to make and a yummy treat! Plus they kinda look like a snail so that makes them exciting!

All you need is:
Bread, Cream Cheese, Melted Butter, and Cinnamon Sugar!
First you trim the crust off the bread, spread the cream cheese on each slice, and then cut the bread in half. Roll the bread into a spiral, roll it in the butter and then the cinnamon sugar! Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes!

Spencer helped me roll the bread (so it becomes a SNAIL)! At first he was confused and he got frustrated! He started with this familiar "I just cant do it, Mom" garbage! So I showed him slowly how to roll it and started singing "You can do it, You can do it!" I asked him to try one more time... and HURRAY he did it! So he started singing our new little chant and we rolled all the bread and began dipping the Snails in the butter and sugar! He loved getting all messy and was SO proud of his Snails when they were done!It was a super fun snack from the past! THANKS MOM!

1 comment:

Chuck and Tonya King said...

What a fun memory to recycle. You know, your mom was pretty creative with you too!

Keep up the creative things Cam, it is clear that you are teaching the boys to love life. And they're following your great example!