Monday, September 29, 2008

Kids do the Funniest Things!

After breakfast this morning I went into the living room to find Spencer in what he called his "New Race Car Bed!" He played in the laundry basket for at least 30 minutes! He brought a blanket, pillow, sippy cup and of course his puppy! He is already a planner! Cooper thought it was the best idea so we had to go get one for him too! Laundry baskets have so many uses! I cant believe how much fun the kids have had just playing in laundry baskets lately!I just need to voice my COMPLETE hate for vacuuming, and moping! This will only take a minute but I really have to get it off my chest! I have been trying SO hard since the move to keep the house clean! Or at a level of clean where I wouldn't be embarrassed if someone stopped by! And I think I've been doing a decent job, except when it comes to vacuuming and mopping! I mean how many times do I have to vacuum in a day?
I vacuumed last night before we had company over and then AS soon as I sat down for breakfast I noticed JUNK all over the floor and then Cooper dropped his bowl of Life all over! It is just never ending! So I vacuumed in the morning and then when I was cleaning up before bed I noticed the floor needed to be vacuumed AGAIN! AGGhhh! This is CRAZINESS! How often do I have to do this? I am wondering if I should just get over it? I really don't want to, but maybe its time! How often do you all vacuum?

7 comments:

Steelefamily04 said...

so i feel just like that too!! i feel like all i do is clean and then when the kids go to bed the house is all dirty again. i guess i will start over in the morning. i hate that thought. i used your idea today and made cookies with tyson and tyler. they loved it so thanks

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Somethings are just never ending... laundry, vacuuming, taxes... just smile and be grateful that it's not a health issue or back taxes!!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Who'd a thunk it ... you didn't need bunk beds, you just needed more laundry baskets!!!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Cooper may have left you to THINK that he accidentally dumped over his bowl of cereal ... I'm convinced that he did it on purpose because he knows the additional nutritional value that can be achieved by mixing the food with the protein from the life forms found on the floor!!!

Way to go Dr. Cooper ... scientist of the future!!!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

By the way, our little Blog Nazi ... this makes FOUR posts against one blog entry ... I believe this earns us some slack from our daily requirement to comment!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

i JUST don't touch it till I can't see the floor. :) jk...I wish...

WAY TO MUCH, huh? Thank goodness we don't have a carpeted dining room. That would be DISASTEROUS!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Cameo! Note ... when you build your own home, make sure that the floors in every room slope towards the middle, and also make sure to put a drain in each ... preferrably with an industrial-strength garbage disposal in the drain. Then, install a fire house, and your vacuuming worries will be OVER!!!

You can thank me now!