Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Busy Day Full of Yummy Food and Old Friends

Today turned out to be really busy! I spent the morning TRYING to reorganize the boys room and the new baby room! (While the kids played around me, pulling everything out of each drawer and off each shelf:)

I made a "QUICK" afternoon run to Walmart (If there is such a thing as fast at Wally World) while BJ was home for lunch! I really want to try and go shopping without the kids! I was on a time crunch and it was STILL less stressful then with the kids!
(Once I finish I'll put up some pictures!)

Spencer and I made PUMPKIN COOKIES WITH BUTTERSCOTH CHIPS while Cooper was sleeping! Amber gave me this really yummy recipe! It is a new take on pumpkin cookies! Not the same old spice cake mix cookie (which is good) but this one.... hmmmm SO YUMMY! Spencer did worry when we were adding the pumpkin, he kept asking me if I was putting baby food in the cookies? He would smell it and look at it with a concerned squint... and ask me again! It was really funny and very observant! When BJ got home from his afternoon class he had some exciting news! He had run into some old friends from our last stay in Cedar! We all lived in the same apartments then and guess what, they moved back to the same apartments too! HURRAY!

We all really got a long last time and so we decided to have them over for dinner tonight! YEA!! But that meant that I had to go BACK to the store to get more potatoes, (BUMMER) mop the floors ( I cant seem to get this linoleum to stay CLEAN), scrub the bathroom and TRY to get the boys room ORGANIZED before 7:00! WOW!

Of course neither one of the boys were tired in the afternoon and so it turned out to be a very full evening! Somehow I managed to get everything ready without loosing it! BJ even woke up a little early to help vacuum and peal potatoes! What a good man I have! I didn't LOOK cute, AT ALL, no time to get change or get ready!! But all the food was done and the house was clean!

We had one of my favorite dinners, Oven Baked Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes and a tasty salad!! YUMMY! It tastes so much like fried chicken but much better cause you know its not near as bad for you!

I had a very full day, only got 1/2 the phone calls and chores done I had planned on! But we got to re-unite with some old friends and eat some really great food! AND my kitchen is even clean before bed! What else can you ask for?

OTHER THEN A FULL NIGHT OF SLEEP.... PLEASE!!!

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

How fun to reconnect with old friends! And dang that chicken lookds good! Good thing I didn't see this picture last night or I am sure I would have added that to my binge last night!