Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Busy Busy Day

Today turned out to be so busy! Amber and her 2 kids came over for a visit in the morning! It was so nice to have someone for the kids to play with (and distract them a little:) and have someone to talk to! Amber and I have known each other since we lived in Cedar a couple years ago and have stayed really close! We have a lot in common, she is just great to be around!
This visit she REALLY helped me with my latest project..... the boys quilts! aaaaaAAAHHHH! I am completely terrified to make them, but I feel compelled since twin size bedding costs an arm and a leg and in less then a week the bunk beds will be here! So she gave me some adivce and moral support! We also spent time hunting for deals on CRAIGS LIST! On of my favorite daily past times!
THEN Jenise came over from St George! She is taking a few online classes from SUU and stopped by for the afternoon! We all went to our little playground and then came back for a craft and nap time so we could have some serious time for QUILTING (deep sigh)!
While all this was going on Cooper was really sad a fussy! I kept thinking that he must not be feeling well because he was unusually grumpy! After nap time he woke up really warm and with those SAD SICK EYES that scream HELP ME, MOM!

I FELT SO BAD! FOR BEING SO BUSY TO NOT REALLY NOTICE HE WAS SICK!
aaaAAAAHHH!


As the day went on he got sicker and sicker and we SLLOOOWED down! I have to say it was SO nice! By the time BJ woke up for dinner we were reading book after book just trying to cuddle and help him feel better! Even Spencer cuddled up to watch a movie with Coop on his lap while I made dinner!
SO today I learned sometimes the best time is time when you are just quiet and together! I hope tomorrow he feels better and I remember not every second of the day has to be filled with DOING !

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Awww.....how cute are you guys cuddling?!

I have those budy days too...when you don't really notice much else. I am excited to see what you get for your bedding. That is one of my favorite things to pick out! :)

Steelefamily04 said...

i am so glad that your sister helped you cut out the stripes, those are the hardest things to do and then hopefully you should be good after that part. well hopefully we will come up this next week to see you guys.