Monday, September 8, 2008

Father in Heaven FHE

For this FHE I really wanted to help Spencer understand about his Father who lives in Heaven. I kinda combined lesson 1 and 2 in the primary manual! "I am a child of God" and "Heavenly Father has a body"!

We had friends over for dinner with their little boy AJ for FHE. We started out singing "I Am A Child of God" I love listening to the kids try and keep up to the melody of the song! They try so hard! Then we talked about living in Heaven before we came to earth and how we have a Father who lives in Heaven and a father who lives with us here on earth! (that was the MAIN point I tried to get across! So I asked the boys throughout the lesson, who is your daddy on earth? They would both jump up and down and say their daddy's name then I would say who is your Daddy who lives in Heaven? Spencer would either look at me blankly, or say "Jesus"! It's a work in progress!So we talked about how we grow up to become like our parents. And because Heavenly Father is our Dad we will grow to be like him! We put together this puzzle that has pictures of baby birds and full grown birds, little boys and fathers, etc! http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Magazines/Friend/1984.htm/friend%20april%201984.htm/sharing%20time%20we%20grow%20to%20be%20like%20our%20parents%20.htm?fn=document-frame.htm$f=templates$3.0
Spencer and Cooper colored it earlier that day!

Then we talked about how our Father in Heaven has a body. And how our bodies look just like his! We sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes!" And colored a picture of Heavenly Father and Jesus!
http://www.mormonshare.com/images/media/SunbeamLesson2.pdf
(I found that on Sugar Doodle too! When you use a lesson out of the sunbeam manual then they have TONS of ideas and handouts on Sugar Doodle! Its AWESOME!) Then to end the lesson we talked about how because Heavenly Father is our Father who lives in Heaven (that's a lot to get out) we are his children and how EVERYONE on earth is his children! I found this GREAT game on... you guessed it Sugar Doodle that they have for every sunbeam lesson called the "file folder games!" It was so fun! It kinda took a lot of work but I think it was worth it! I am going to make one of these games for each FHE, if I can! All the instructions are all here!
http://downloads.sugardoodle.net/FFGame.pdf


The thought behind the game is that we are all children of God and you put the children of God in the pockets! They also have the words that you can add velcro to so the kids can match the words to their outlines! I added our family pictures instead of the illustrations and then added more folders for pictures of the grandparents and cousins, Jesus, and the prophet! To help him understand we are ALL Gods children!











Front and Back of the file folder!

The kids were a little rowdy, and I don't really think that this one lesson is going to mean he understands who Heavenly Father is, surprise surprise, but I think it was a good start! I am excited for next week!

1 comment:

Chuck and Tonya King said...

This was a super cute and effective FHE lesson!