Sunday, September 7, 2008

Alphabet Magazine Game

The flu has officially spread through our family! Last night Spencer started throwing up and is still feeling pretty yucky today!
SO I thought we would try and do a fun, low key, quiet activity together! I was doing a little bit of wandering across other peoples blogs and found a REALLY REALLY neat kids craft blog! She sends out a newsletter with themed activities for the week! IT IS SO NEAT! And best of all EASY!
Her web site is called Kids Craft Weekly

http://72.52.134.219/index.html
The activity we did today was an Alphabet game! I wrote out each letter on a piece of paper, got a couple old magazines, glue and some scissors! And we searched and searched for letters! Each time we found one we would sing the alphabet song till we found the matching letter on the paper! We got a lot of singing practice and I think it helped him realize that letters are everywhere! He keeps finding different letters on things around the house now! It was a great activity for Spenc the sicko!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

SO CUTE! What a great idea! I am on my way over to sign myself up! :)

Hey--we still need to chat! Our phone number is in my facebook profile....if you decide to give us a buzz. We would love to chat!

CoLiE-O said...

the flu royally sucks...especially when it happens to kids! i miss shoppin with you at krumpets! anything new there?

Chuck and Tonya King said...

My daughter is so clever! what a great letter recognition activity!