Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Witchy Time

Now that I am back from my trip and settled back into life the boys and I took some time to make a Halloween craft today! I saw this idea on Parents.com! I subscribed to their 100 days of holiday ideas! It has been really fun! Anyway we made some cute witch hats to hang in our window!

All you need is construction paper, yarn, tape, glue and scissors! (and a little patience!) I want to say it was really quick and easy but it took me a minute to figure out how to make to cone and hat! I must just be having a slow day!
First I knotted the yarn and added some tape to make sure the yarn wouldn't come out of the top of the hat. Then I brought the paper together to make the cone of hat! I cut the bottom of the cone at a few places to make it come together easier, then I taped the cone to the flat part of the hat! Spencer helped me draw and cut out the circles and the witch hair.
He did get VERY distracted making his own craft, while I was trying to figure out the silly cone!! Which turned out to be many layers thick. He piled different pictures he colored on top of each other and glued them together! He was really proud of it! More so then the witch hats! Oh well I like the hats and they add a little more spooky cheer to the living room! We both had fun spending a little time together being a little crafty!

2 comments:

Chuck and Tonya King said...

I think I enjoy Spencer's BIG smiles even more than the cute crafts you come up with!

Rachel Holloway said...

So cute! Jenna has been aasking when we are going to decorate this year...this seems easy enough!