Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Little Boost!

I have been feeling a little overwhelmed and if you were to ask BJ I think he would whisper, A BIT MOODY lately! Sometimes it feels like life is SO full of ups and down and things to do and problems to fix that I get TIRED! But today while trying to RELAX from the constant uncomfortable feeling of being almost 8 months PREGNANT! I read something that stopped my pity party mid step!

I was reading the October Ensign and came across 2 articles that talked about how the Lord can help us through something that we couldn't do on our own! And with this baby knocking on the door, and the boys I have pounding my door down these articles were just what I needed!

Let me just put in the 2 quotes that I have read over and over today!

From "The Lord Can Ease Our Burdens"
“[The Lord] gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain.”
“To exercise faith is to trust that the Lord knows what He is doing with you and that He can accomplish it for your eternal good even though you cannot understand how He can possibly do it.”

And From "Why Did the Lord Call ME?"
“the Lord can draw a straight line with even the most crooked of sticks.”
"I am strengthened when I remember that Christ’s commandment is not for me to become perfect and then come to Him. Instead, He invites me—and each one of us—to come unto Him and to be perfected in Him."

Maybe these little quotes will lift you up the next time you feel OVERWHELMED by life's many demands! I am grateful for the ride and hope that I can keep a good attitude and have a little faith in the PLAN no matter what comes my way!

4 comments:

HanksFam said...

Thanks, Cameo! I needed that, too. Its amazing how sorry we can get feeling for ourselves.

CoLiE-O said...

you are a rockstar! i know that crappy feeling- i got it 2 nights ago where i cried so hard- i almost couldnt breathe (didnt help im pre-menstrual). life get overwhelming so thanks for sharing those quotes. haang in there! if anyone can do it- you can! miss you!

Vanessa said...

Those are really good, thanks Cam. I definitely needed those thoughts as well. Life with little kids can be hard, but if we ever want to be heavenly parents, we better learn some of these lessons when we're given the chance. You're doing great!

Queen Mimi said...

Wow, reading those quotes caused me to heave a relaxing sigh. I think I will be revisiting them often, as well :) Thanks so much for sharing, Cam! I hope you have a good rest of the week! Hang in there, Gorgeous!