Monday, October 13, 2008

BIRTHDAY TIME......

It was my 26th Birthday yesterday! And for any of you who know me, you know I LOVE Birthdays! This year I got to go to NYC the week of my Bday and so I was feeling pretty lucky! You might say BJ totally got off the hook! :)

We played it pretty low key this year! Which turned out to be SO nice! On Saturday we went out to dinner, and I WON the "where should we eat" contest! YEA for Birthday Girl POWER! We went to a new Japanese place in Cedar with some friends. I had SUSHI, steak and salmon on the hibachi grill! It was FABULOUS! We went out to a movie after dinner, which we haven't done in FOREVER! And then BJ and I stayed up and talked talked! It was a great date night!
(sorry I forgot to take pictures)

On Sunday Jenise, most of BJ's family and our friends Steph and Caleb came over for a Birthday dinner. I made a new recipe for a Taco Bar! We had pork and chicken tacos cooked in the crock pot with a cilantro lime marinade! I made a yummy cilantro salsa to go with it, and everyone brought the condiments to go with the tacos! It was SUPER yummy!(Even though I accidentally bought jalapeno peppers instead of serrano peppers which meant everything had twice the jalapenos in it! By some miracle it wasn't too spicy AT ALL! .....deep sigh of relief)

Jenise brought two kinds of chocolate cake, with a yummy whipped topping and raspberries! The food was great!Bjs mom did all the dishes, she is truly a cleaning gift from HEAVEN! It is so nice when you have a big party to have people help clean up! I want to make sure I pick up on her GREAT example because I know it means a lot to me when she does it!

Everyone had a really nice time, the kids played SO nicely together! It was just a really relaxing fun evening!And I have to say I really lucked out and received an amazing gift from my parents! I am so excited to hang it up, now I really don't have ANY more excuses for not putting things up on my wall! (So be on the look out for my post.... as soon as I can get BJ to help me I am hanging my pictures!) If you aren't familiar with it, this is the St George Temple where BJ and I were married! It is a beautiful print with a unique antique finish! I have admired it since I saw it a year ago!
Thanks to everyone who called to wish me a Happy Birthday, it was a great start to my 26th year! It woulndt mean anything without all the family and friends who love and support me so THANK YOU all so much , I love you and look forward to the next year!

5 comments:

Steelefamily04 said...

I am so glad that we got to come for your birthday. we had such a good time. we miss leaving close to you guys. we had so much fun. hope to see yo tomorrow

Erika said...

Happy Birthday! All that food looks so yummy. Sounds like you had a blast in NYC too.

Queen Mimi said...

Happy Birthday Cam!!! Looks like you've been celebrated for the Queen you are :) 'Many happy returns! I love ya!

Rachel Holloway said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! What a wonderful time!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Man, all I can say is that you must have "amazing" parents to get an "amazing" print for your birthday. Especially when it looks like it should have cost $5. How can they charge extra for a pic that looks like its been in somebody's moldy basement for 100 years ...

Again, we -- your amazing parents -- must really love you!

And as for your amazing sister, who was our accomplice ... she must be doubly amazing too!