Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Snickerdoodle Kind of Day

Yesterday I had my 36 week appointment! Whew... the new baby is getting so close! I have been thinking about all the things I need to do to be ready, all of a sudden they just seem to do be banging down my door! 

Finish with Christmas Shopping, 
wash all the baby clothes, 
organize the baby's room, 
deep clean the house so its ready, 
hang all my pictures on the wall (yes I STILL haven't done that, and we moved in almost 3 months ago:) 
make frozen dinners for after I have the baby,
finish reading my birthing books,
pack my hospital bag, 
finish the boys blankets (I am STILL working on that project too:)
and lots more I have yet to think of....

So with all of that on my mind my stomach started complaining! And I realized I NEEDED a treat... not just any treat! A SNICKERDOODLE!

The boys and I got right to business! (Who needs to work on the mile long list of IMPORTANT things to do, when cookies are calling) Both the boys wanted to help so they each sat on the counter and took turns adding ingredients! I WISH I could have gotten a picture of them taking turns but I didn't want to push my luck! 

The boys enjoying a little dough after we were finished mixing everything together!

Isn't licking the beaters the best part of baking cookies?

Cooper was so proud of his role in the mixing! He clapped after each ingredient he added and was FASCINATED with the mixer! I think he might become a chef! He just loves to help cook and when I am not cooking he is pretending HE IS, with ALL MY DISHES! 

After we made the dough it had to chill in the fridge so we watched Charlotte's Web, the one with Dakota Fanning! The kids loved it! It is a really funny cute movie! ANYWAY both the boys helped make the dough into balls and LOVED rolling it in the cinnamon sugar! We wont be sharing these cookies with the neighbors, little boy germs in every bite :)

It was just what I needed to get my mind of my ever growing TO DO LIST! 
I love baking with my BOYS! 

1 comment:

CoLiE-O said...

cookies soulda been at the beginning of the list anyway! looks like you guys had a great thanksgiving!!