Tuesday, November 18, 2008

HELP..... Sewing is Tricky!

So about 2 months ago I started working on new blankets for the boys to have once the bunk beds came! I started working on them, the bunk beds arrived and then I kinda quit.... for a while! So my sweet friend Amber asked me how it was coming the other day and I told her....it wasn't really coming at all! So she offered to come over and help! She is so GREAT! 

So yesterday we worked on them a little before FHE! I am almost ready to start sewing now! Which FREAKS me out, I don't want to screw it up! 
But I have run into a CREATIVE SNAG! You see Spencer's blanket has a race car on it, and it turned out really cute! But Coopers dump truck looks a little DEFORMED! I was hoping someone out there had an idea of how to make it look a little less...... cheesy!????? 
Here is the update since I talked to my Mom! But its still not right.....

Remember I am made up the pattern from a blanket I saw on Pottery Barn Kids so I am kinda on my own! ANY THOUGHTS or advice would be GREAT! I am not a good sewer and am WISHING I had paid more attention when my Mom tried to teach me all of this! :(

2 comments:

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Okay, here are my two cents:
> Move the two smaller wheels up so they align with the larger third wheel
> Make rectangles longer and change colour to same red as Spencer's car so that the two vehicles coordinate and the rectangles don't look like windows
> Add an exhaust pipe or two!
> Add dimension by stitching lines on black grills with same colour...

Hope this helps! They look wonderful and the boys will love it. Just think of how much you are saving by not caving into Crate and Barrel prices! Plus you are learning to sew again - a very valuable skill (thank you 7th grade FACS!)

Adventures Of A Girl And Her Dog said...

Ok so I think that the front wheel on the dump truck needs to be bigger! I think it will look better if that one wheel is bigger!!