Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus FHE

Yesterday was a super busy day, but somehow I managed to pull an FHE together! I had found a simple idea and just expanded it a little!

First we sang the song "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus," which I really love! I think we are going to have to listen to it a lot more! Then we played a game! The game starts with a set of foot prints and then Spencer JUMPED to each new set of footprints! First I set out a picture of Jesus and asked Spencer what Jesus was doing in the picture? Then I set down a picture of how he could do something JUST LIKE JESUS!

For example, Jesus went to the temple when he was a boy, you can go to the temple and to Church! Or Jesus helped people, you can help Mom and Brother! He had a lot of fun JUMPING, and asked to play it 3 times! He knew all the pictures by the end!Then we played musical chairs, on each chair I put one of the pictures of things HE could do to BE LIKE JESUS! And when the music stopped we said what each of us could do to be more like Him! The kids LOVED musical chairs! Even Cooper got in on the action and chased us around!
We had a coloring page and talked a little bit more about what kind of things Jesus would and WOULDN'T do! Afterwards Spencer asked me to if he could play the "Jesus feet game" again! We had a lot of fun, and it was really simple! HURRAY!!!
AND I made DESSERT! And I NEVER make dessert! But I saw this recipe on Rachel's blog and I couldn't stop thinking about it! Its called Turtle Pumpkin Pie! And it is INCREDIBLE! It was very simple and only took me 15 minutes MAX to make! It chills in the fridge so you don't even have to bake it! I loved it, and ALL the boys loved it! THANKS RACHEL! I am totally making it for Thanksgiving!I love his expression, he is trying to figure out what this is and why its SO YUMMY!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Once again, you are amazing! Thanks for sharing all your super cute FHE ideas - it gives me hope.

Rachel Holloway said...

You always do such cute lessons for FHE! So impressed!

And I am so glad you liked the pie. Isn't it SO fast and easy?? And SOOO good! LOVE it!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Ymmm... looks great! Yea! I love pumpkin pie!