Monday, November 3, 2008

Scriptures FHE

Tonight we had our FHE on the scriptures! We talked about the different books and where they came from! I tried to explain that the scriptures are stories the prophets have written down to help us be more like Jesus!
The we had a puppet show! YEA!!! I did a few little stories! The first one was about how Joseph Smith got the Book of Mormon. Then I told him about Captain Moroni and the Stripling Warriors! He thought it was really neat to see the swords and hear about the young boys we were soldiers! Then we talked about the Bible and how those stories are from Europe and tell about older prophets and Jesus! I told him the story of the Ten Commandments and Jesus walking on the water! We had to explain that walking on the water is different then swimming in the water! And then he was VERY impressed that Jesus could walk on it since he couldn't even swim in the water yet!
Some of the puppets!! I kinda love making these little puppets and the look on Spencer's face when we open the curtains for the show!

I made a little coloring page, because Spencer listens really well while he colors! So we kinda went over what the names of the scripture books are and who wrote them! Cooper really enjoyed coloring and didn't even eat any markers or color on any furniture! A total success!
At bed time Spencer was excited to sit down and read his scriptures and asked me to find the story about the young soldiers and the neat prophet captain! So I think it went well!

2 comments:

CoLiE-O said...

you never fail to amaze me! coopers hair looks so cute.

Chuck and Tonya King said...

What a wonderful lesson and fun way to teach the boys about the scriptures. They looked like they were really enjoying it!