Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Leaf Hunting

This afternoon we decided to do a fun fall craft! The weather was nice and the boys and I wanted to get out and go on a walk! We decided to go 
LEAF HUNTING 
to get what we needed to make out pictures! 

On our walk we saw lots of exciting things! We walked less then 2 block and were gone for an hour! :) We saw a MAC truck just like the one who is friends with Lighting Mcween! So we had to stop and play around on it! That is until his family got home.... oops! We saw a LOT of fire hydrants!! And Cooper found a very exciting stick, which became a fun thing to HIT EVERYTHING around us! 
When we got to the church the kids collected as many leaves as they could and we headed home! The sun was setting and Spencer started to worry he said "Mom I don't think we are EVER going to make it home! I sure miss my Dad!!" It was so funny and so matter of fact! I assured him we would make it home! And distracted him with the cool stick! I think thats what we are getting the kids for Christmas! They sure loved that thing!

Once we got home the kids had a ball crunching the leaves and helping me pick out what to draw! Spencer was REALLY good at tracing the pictures with the glue! And when it came time to dump the leaves on there was NOT a shortage of little hands wanting to spread those leaves around! When we cleared off the extra leaves Spencer let out a little yelp and said "Wow its magic Mom, we made a leaf picture!!" 


The finished "magical" pictures turned out great! Spencer was so proud of them he wanted to put them on his door! A real place of HONOR! 

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I just love all your kids comments. They make me laugh so hard!!

CoLiE-O said...

where do you come up with these creative ideas? my poor kids are going to be stuck with macaroni noodles and elmers glue.