Tuesday, December 2, 2008

CRAZY Black Friday Shopping!

Jenise and I went out to FINISH up our Christmas shopping on Black Friday! We planned out what we needed at each store and figured out our route! This year we needed the most from Kohls so we decided to hit them first! They opened at 4am so we got there an hour early! There were only 50 or so people in front of us but the time the store opened there must have been 200 behind us! 

Our strategy at Kohls and Target was to have someone standing in line while the other one went around getting what she needed! It worked out pretty well and we never had to wait too long to check out! (Except at Kohls where we waited an hour just to check out, Grrr!!) 

Target was the craziest store we went to; where there must have been 400 people in line waiting for the store to open! Luckily we only had a few things we needed and were in and out in 45 minutes! 
Over all we had a great time and we were home by 11:00 AM! I am ALMOST done with all my shopping, just 2 more gifts and a few stocking stuffers! Darn those stockings, I can never find cute CHEEP things to fill them.... ANY IDEAS? 

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

DANG GIRL! YOU are amazing to go out and do that! I am glad you got your stuff almost done. We stay pretty simple on the stockings. If you want a good, cheap, things to fill lots of space, do those tootsie roll banks. The kids love them, they're big, and like .99 cents. :)

Vanessa said...

Wow! I'm exhausted just thinking about going out that early! :) I'm glad you had fun and got most of your shopping done. I love shopping for toys for the boys! I'd like to hear any stocking stuffer ideas as well...

Chuck and Tonya King said...

They call it Black Friday because its still BLACK when it starts. Aren't you taking your life into your hands when you go out for those crazy, bargain-shopping, deal-hunters? I worry about you guys - hey, it's a mom thing! I hope they move it back a bunch of hours next year!!