Friday, November 14, 2008

Deck the Halls

I love the Christmas Season! 
I love all the decorations and the traditions that come with Christmas time! When the house is in full Christmas glory it feels so warm and welcoming! It makes me just want to cuddle up under a blanket with some hot chocolate and wait to Santa come! 

Every year there is a list about a foot long of all the new decorations I want to add for the house to give that "Christmasy feel!" But THIS year I am holding back and trying to be creative with what I have! The Lord has blessed us with so much and its time I use a little restraint and show my gratitude by NOT asking for MORE MORE MORE! (BJ is currently breathing a HUGE sigh of RELIEF!)
Even though I am not getting any new decorations the kids and I had a GREAT time setting up the tree (which I kinda do all by myself cause I like to make it kinda funky but I try and make them feel included:) Cooper loved the lights and kept asking me if they were too hot to touch! Silly boy! And Spencer was fascinated by all the big balls I was putting on! I did have to explain AGAIN this year that the Christmas ornaments that are round are not the same KIND of balls you through around and play catch with! HOPEFULLY that little bit of difference sticks with them! :)
Spencer was SO excited to put the star on the top when the tree was all done! 

Then we got out all the nativities! YEA! I have collected a few over the years and the boys LOVE to play with all their little parts! Spencer calls them the "Jesus Houses" Most of them get put up out of reach but there are 2 the kids love to play with! The new Veggie Tales one is a BIG hit this year! And very durable! THANKS MOM!


We put up some cheesy Micky Mouse stickers on the windows because Cooper is infatuated with Mickey right now! And Spencer was fascinated with the idea that Mickey was dressed up as Santa! (It took a little bit of explaining :)

Anyway I am SURE as the season continues we will make a few fun CHRISTMAS CRAFTS and homemade decorations to help fill the house with that warm cheery feeling! If you have any ideas SEND THEM MY WAY! 
MERRY ALMOST CHRISTMAS

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

It is so hard to think about decorating right now when my house is in boxes...but seeing all your decorations made me so excited! It looks SUPER!

Queen Mimi said...

Wow, Cameo! So cute!!! You are wonderful at making everything around you look great! Of course, you are the prettiest center piece, I'm sure :)

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Everything looks so cute... too bad that it's BEFORE Thanksgiving! It's like wearing white shoes after Labor Day!! I'm so glad that the boys liked their Veggie Tales nativity set too!