Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful FHE

SO.... WOW I think at the end of this FHE I need to remember what I have to be thankful for because it was a little tiresome! We had 2 families over for a total of 5 kids  here for FHE! They were ALL over the place! The last month we have just had quiet FHE's and I think with such a drastic change Spencer kinda had a hard time calming down!! (kinda is a nice way to put it!)

First we talked about being thankful for what we have and what others do for us then I did a little Puppet Show with the story of the 10 lepers! I ended up using these SILLY cartoons because I couldn't find any good drawings or pictures ANYWHERE online! ANYWAY the kids kinda thought my lepers were MONSTERS! It was kinda funny!

Then we colored a picture of some things we can be grateful for! After coloring we made a "Thankful TURKEY!" And added feathers that had things the kids were thankful for! Some of the feathers are things like Backyardigins and Puppet Shows! But it turned out pretty cute! We played a fun round of Musical Chairs! The kids kinda chased each other around and then would get distracted and fall down or run ALL over the house and completely forget about the chairs! 

In the end it was exhausting! But I AM THANKFUL for the promise that if I try to do FHE the Lord will bless my boys! I HOPE that I am helping them to understand Heavenly Fathers Plan even on nights where things DON'T go as planned! :) 

4 comments:

HanksFam said...

Great lesson, Cameo! I'm going to use this next Monday if you don't mind!

CoLiE-O said...

im grateful for the backyardigans too :)

Brooke said...

Hey, I did a lesson much like yours and it was fun. We are each going to add a "thankful feather" every day, and then read them all together on Thanksgiving. Great minds think alike!!!

You asked a while back about my pictures - I've done all my collages on Picasa - Thanks to you!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

I think you're on the right track! I am impressed with your desire to do right, and I am pretty darn sure that Heavenly Father sees and will reward your efforts!

Cute ideas, as always! Will have to do this once we are settled in.