Monday, January 5, 2009

SUNBEAM SUNDAY

This Sunday was Spencer FIRST day as a SUNBEAM! We have been talking about it trying to get him ready for a couple weeks and the day has FINALLY arrived! ( I might be MORE excited then he is...)
As we were getting ready for church he started to tell Cooper about going to the new class! I had to tell him that Cooper was still a baby and was staying in Nursery! But because he was SO big now that he gets to go to the fun NEW class where they sing and play games and have fun lessons and sit in neat chairs! He wasn't so sure! HE kept trying to convince me that Cooper WAS big enough because "See Mom he walks and tries to talk, and he can play really nice! Come on Mom, Look how big he is..." After we got to church the requests slimmed down but he was sad to be separated from Coop!

All through Sacrament he kept asking about his new class and when he was going to get to go! And then as soon as we walked into the primary room he looked up at me and said " I want to be baby again and go back to the old class!" He was SO nervous! There were a few other boys in his class all sitting nicely and I TRIED to show him how fun it would be to make new friends, but no! He kept saying " Spencer doesn't like those kids, Spencer doesn't like that chair, Spencer wants to go to his OLD class!" It was so funny because he has NEVER refereed to himself in the 3rd person before! 

Anyway it took about 10 minutes and the HELLO HELLO song to distract him enough for BJ and I to sneak out! And as we sat in our class every time the door opened with a sad child looking for their parents BJ and I would turn around and EXPECT to see SPENCER standing there CRYING! 
BUT....
we didn't he stayed the whole time! And his recap (even after LOTS OF QUESTIONS AND PLEADING FOR DETAILS FROM MOM) was we sang I am a Child of God lots and played games and when we went to the little new room we played with play dough and colored! I asked him what he learned and he said " that Jesus is happy when I come to church!" 

So I think he had a good time, after the drama and the beginning! I AM SO PROUD of him! I hope he sat nicely and folded his arms but not all dreams come true! As he gets more used to it I am sure he will learn lots and lots and come to LOVE IT! 

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Ahhh, they're growing up. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It's crazy.

Vanessa said...

I love that picture of you two! I'm glad that everything went well and that we enjoyed it despite the rough beginning. I'm sure he'll do great!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

I am SO proud of you Spencer!!! I can not wait to hear about your first Sunbeam day!