Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baby Burns

A couple days ago Cooper burned his hand while helping BJ make some pancakes! I know what you are all thinking... how did you let him get so close to the hot pan? Well Cooper is ADDICTED to helping in the kitchen! AS SOON AS HE SEES that you are making something he whines and cries until he can sit on the counter! He likes to have a front row seat so he can help! Well this time he decided to test out the warning he was given about the pan being hot! 
At first we didn't think he had burned it too badly but it blistered and popped yesterday! Unfortunately Cooper HATES band aids so I had to be creative and last night I got out the medical tape and made my own Mommy MacGyver bandage! 
Eventually he got it off but it took a few hours!!! Sorry the picture is blurry he was really unhappy about me taking a picture of his hand!

On the bright side, I thought it was so funny how during all the drama of putting on Coopers ghetto band aid, and all the crying and squirming Graham fell asleep on the couch, RIGHT NEXT to me and Cooper! As long as he is tired he will fall asleep anywhere! NO MATTER whats going on around him! Silly SWEET baby!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, that's so sad to see that burn on his hand! Hopefully he'll have learned his lesson and won't do it again. We're recovering from a burn ourselves... Josh has a burn on his chin... I had taken a sheet of cookies out of the oven, put them on the counter and he was trying to get close to smell them. Well he got too close and his chin touched the edge of the hot cookie sheet. So there is a nice burn line on his chin. Oh the joys of little boys! :)

Alana Jo said...

Aww :( Hope it heals quickly.

HanksFam said...

Poor Cooper! Sometimes these are the best lessons.

Britt said...

Poor little Cooper!!! I love your Mommy McGiver Bandage job and not to mention your nack with little Grahm.

Roberts Fam'ly said...

I found your blog! Kalel's asleep so I had some time. :) I definitely want to hear about the coupons you've been using! I'll talk to you soon.

Adventures Of A Girl And Her Dog said...

Poor Cooper! I hope he heals fast!