Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Getting to Know Baby Graham

On Monday Graham was one week old! There has been a lot going on this last week, what with Christmas around the corner and all our family visiting but there have been a lot of fun little moments to spend getting to know Graham!
These pictures aren't the most flattering! I am giving myself some time before I really start "getting ready!" :) :) 

I have been lucky enough to spend the MOST one on one time with him since I am nursing! But we have had a great time, he is my BEST baby when it comes to nursing! Its easy for him and it is easy on me too!! HURRAY! I love to hold him right after he is done eating, he makes the cutest little sounds! He squeaks! He is so calm and mellow I cant help but take a DEEP breath and relax every time I sit down to snuggle with him! WHAT A BLESSING he is ALREADY!
The boys love having a new brother! Every morning Spencer comes running in ready to hold him he HATES when its time for him to eat, because that means HE cant hold him! We have been practicing HOW to hold the baby and Spencer is really careful and keeps trying and trying to get the hang of it! ITS A WORK IN PROGRESS!!!
Cooper still cant get over touching his face and laughing at his little nose and mouth! He has started resting his head on Graham! (We have to watch and make sure he is being soft) but its really cute!  They both love cuddling with him and laying under the jungle gym! 
My whole family is here for Christmas and so everyone has had fun getting to hold and cuddle Baby Graham! Everyone battles over the chance to get a snuggle in! I am a bit worried he wont know how to sleep unless someone is holding him, he has SO many admirers! 
Did I mention he has a VERY calming effect? I think my Dad might be a little miffed at this picture, but I think its sweet! They were both so relaxed they couldn't keep their eyes open! :)

Anyway he is getting more sleep in EVERY night! Last night he only woke up 3 times, so I am hoping he just keeps improving! :) He is still a little yellow and jaundice! But the doctor says he is on the mend! Oh and he hasn't lost ANY weight! He just loves to eat so he is keeping those cheeks large and IN CHARGE! This last week has been so rewarding! I love every second I get to just sit and hold Graham and my big boys! We are slowly getting the hang of this!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Erika said...

I love the pic of Spencer holding Graham...so cute!

Rachel Holloway said...

What a sweet little guy. He looks SO precious! Glad you are getting the hang of things...I hope you have a merry christmas and enjoy those sweet little ones!

Chris said...

i like how you put dad in here....too bad both pics are of him asleep

Katie said...

congratulations! What a beautiful little boy! :)