Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Cheer

I have been really slacking off in the BLOG department! SORRY! The last set of my family just left this morning so its just Me BJ and the boys now! (Not to say that isn't a FULL HOUSE!!!) But I finally feel like I have a moment to catch up on everything we have been doing this Christmas Holiday! 

I thought I would start with Christmas Eve! My parents went down to St George to pick up GB who came to visit as a last minute SURPRISE!! We planned to do cookies for Santa and play outside after they got back but THEY hit a small bump in the road when the got in a CAR ACCIDENT in St George! Everyone was OK after a few X-rays and a NEW rental car!! OOPS!
So the boys and I made the gingerbread cookies and read our special Nativity Story and the Night Before Christmas and waited for everyone to get home SAFELY! That night we all decorated Santa's cookies and set them out! Spencer really wanted to WAIT up for Santa and SHARE them with him! It took a lot of convincing to get him to fall asleep, on the condition that if Santa came in to wake him up they could share the cookies together! :)
BJ worked the midnight shift on Christmas Eve and wasn't supposed to be home until 8 am Christmas Day! I was worried the kids would wake up and storm the tree without him! I was a bummed because I wanted us to be able to spend Christmas morning together! MY favorite present this Christmas was when BJ walked in the door EARLY from work! He was able to get off around 6:30! HURRAY!

Spencer came running into our room at about 7:15 all excited! We told him to wake Cooper up and the 2 of them ran out to the Christmas tree! We had a smaller Christmas this year, but the kids would have NEVER known it! They played with EACH toy after opening it and were so excited! They each got 2 presents from Santa, one from Mom and Dad and then they each picked something out for each other
Spencer got a remote control jeep from Mom and Dad (that we found at the YARD SALE, HURRAY) and a little people learning town and some games from Santa! He was so cute and very grateful for each gift! I was SO PROUD of him! He was also a great helper with Coop! Not ripping into his stuff just really good at helping and walking him through it all!
Cooper had so much fun opening all the new toys! His favorite was his present from Santa a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (that Santa also found at the Yard Sale! GO SANTA!!) He also really like the saxophone Spencer picked out for him! I loved watching the excitement on his face as he tore the wrapping paper off his gifts! 
Later that morning we went down to BJ's parents to play the gift exchange game with his brothers and sisters and give his parents their gift from all the kids! The boys had a great time with all the cousins and BJ and I had a lot of fun playing the exchange game! I got to go home with the gift I brought YEA! Pilate's here I come.... And BJ gets to go explore BIG 5 with a gift card! 

The weather was a little CRAZY on the drive down but we were glad we made it because it was the first time some of the family got to meet Graham! 
When we got home to Cedar City my mom had the turkey and ham cooking in the oven and the smell made me SO glad to be home!!!!! Let me just say my mom is a miracle worker even in my TINY AWFUL kitchen! THANKS MOM!!!

We picked up Jenise while we were in St George, when we got home the WHOLE family was together! All the kids exchanged names this year and Chris and I received each other! Unfortunately Chris is the families WORST gift giver! And ever since we exchanged names he has been teasing about getting me old Halloween candy! SO just to cover my bases I got him a Slinky! We opened our prank gifts to each other first and then exchanged real ones! He got me ONE OLD Halloween MINI Kit Kat that he wrapped minutes before in a smashed up plastic bowl and then threw some already used Christmas paper on it! Luckily he asked Jenise what I wanted and got me a AWESOME purse that I had been eyeing for a while! IT WAS SO FUNNY! 
Mom and Dad gave Spencer the new addition to his Geo Trax train set! HE WAS SO EXCITED! He raised his hands above his head and did a cute little dance! He ran right over and gave them a each a BIG Thank You Hug! They gave Cooper a new remote control train to go on the track! THANKS Mom and Dad the boys LOVE IT! 
We each unwrapped our gifts from Mom and Dad and had a great rest of the day relaxing and eating MOMS AMAZING Christmas dinner! 
Oh yes I almost forgot to give credit to Jenise for giving Chris and BJ the best stocking stuffer gifts! Mexican wrestling masks! I guess they are from Nacho Libre and everyone in Mexico is really into them! ANYWAY the guys LOVED THEM!
BJ in the blue mask and Chris in the SWEET mask with the hair!!!

We had a VERY busy day but it was SO nice to spend it with FAMILY! I want to say THANKS to everyone who came to visit! I know Cedar isn't the most tropical exciting city to come to on your vacation but I am SURE glad you chose to come and visit me and all the boys! WE LOVE YOU! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a fun Christmas! It looks like the boys got a lot of fun things. That's so nice that your whole family was there, especially nice to have your mom there to help with the cooking! Yummy!

Brooke said...

You've been busy. I felt like I was Marathon blogging yesterday - you were too!! Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas. I remember last year when Ashland was just a few days old - there's nothing better than a baby for Christmas. He's a cutie! I'm glad you were able to spend Christmas with your family. Happy New Year!

Rachel Holloway said...

WOW~! Lots of fun! Looks like a lot of fun goodies (aren't yard sales AWESOME for Christmas??)

Glad you enjoyed lots of family and fun..you guys deserve that!