Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ahoy Matey...Ready for Some Birthday FUN?

Here we go a Picture Tour of the boys Pirate Birthday Party. 
This year because we moved in February we decided to do Spencer's 4th Bday and Coopers 2nd Bday Party together! We decided on a PIRATE theme because Spenc thought it would be fun to have a sword fight with all of his friends!

SO I'll walk you through the party... a picture tour....

Spencer helped me pass out our Treasure Map Invitations
I decorated the outside with some drift wood signs (cardboard and paint...) And we made my favorite little decoration our friendly Pirate out of Milk Jugs and yarn! 
Amber and I went all out with the crate paper and a few more drift wood signs! We were going for Pirate Swanky... Seaweed walkway and lots of drapey red, black and yellow crate paper!
I tried to do all the food around our swashbuckling theme...
We had ships and different salsas that were our "Pirate Booty" For the adults I made little sandwiches with Pirate flags and called them "Staked Ships" I made Celery boats with Cheese or Peanut Butter and Apple Boats AKA "Ship Wreck Island"  We had 2 different pastas Mac and Cheese also known as "Golden Nuggets" and Linguine pesto pasta our very own "Seaweed Salad" Bj's Mom made a salad with lots of goodies in it that we called "Treasure Salad" For the kids I had "Catch of the Day" Fish sticks and a yummy ocean jello with Swedish fish! And last but not least "Shark Blood" to drink, a special mix of Sprite and red kol-aid ice cubes!! WHEW!!!!!

We started the party making Pirate hats with lots of different pirate pictures to customize each individual hat and glitter glue... cause we all need a glitter, RIGHT? 
Once all the kids arrived we went out back to WALK THE PLANK
Everyone who dared to walk and jump (and the few that didn't) received a pirate eye patch and was ready to battle it out in the cannon ball fight...

I was most excited about this game the kids had their very own cannon ball fight inside our homemade pirate ships!!!!

Once the fight was won it was time to hunt for treasure. I made a few maps with pictures of places around the house and outside! All the kids ran from map to map until the went outside to find the treasure chest (a box I painted to look like a chest) filled with Pirate SWORDS! The immediately began their PIRATE FIGHT! 
After a little jello snack we had our last game...the Pirate Pinata! I just need to comment that I was bummed out by the way it turned out! I really really tried to make it cute! In the end I was just happy the kids each got to hit it before it broke open!!! They all loved whacking it and grabbing the candy afterwards so all in all it was a great game! (even thought the pinata looked TERRIBLY GHETTO!)
After games the kids sat down for lunch outside! They all wanted to sit in the playhouse and were able to cram 6 or 7 in there until drinks were spilled and we decided to eat on the plank:)!
After all the kids were done with their fish sticks and shark blood we went inside and sang Happy Birthday and had cake! If you know me you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE making the Birthday Cake! Thanks to my Mom who always made the coolest cakes! So here is this  years mini masterpiece....
I did have to REMAKE the Pirate ship because of the way the cake sits! It was SO sad when the first one died but the 2nd one lasted JUST long enough to blow out the candles and sing! I think I should leave a comment for Family Fun and let them know this cake is temperamental!!!

The kids opened their gifts and thanked everyone for coming! We had a GREAT time and are really glad everyone was able to come! Another successful party in the bag! And I am already excited for next year!!!!


12 comments:

Queen Mimi said...

Cameo you are an AMAZING bundle of spunk and creativity!!! :D That party looks awesome! I'm sure it was impossible for anyone to NOT have fun! Way to go!

Erika said...

Wow! That is incredible. I can't believe all the thought and creativity...and time, I'm sure, that you put into the party. I'm sure they all had a blast!

Vanessa said...

You sure went all the way, Cam! I think it all looked awesome. That cake is really cool, it must have taken forever to make! It looks like everyone had a great time!

Britt said...

And the Mom of the Year Award goes to...
You really know how to make awsome memories for your kids.

Brittany said...

you are so fun and amazingly creative. Our next birthday is in October, can you be here then?

CoLiE-O said...

stop it! stop it right now! how am i supposed to come up with stuff like that when i have kids! you are a super creative hotty mom! good thing youre my friend and i can pick you brain when the time comes :) the boys look like had a blast! happy birthday boys!!

Rachel Holloway said...

OH GET OUT! WOW! WHat an amazing party! Seriously, over the top amazing! You are such an awesome mom! Those boys will never forget this super cool party!

And I love your new house. It is so nice! CUTE, CUTE!!!

Lundin Family said...

You are so creative! I hope I can be even half as creative when little Allie gets old enough to enjoy somethinglike that! And great house by the way!

Brooke said...

Holy crap girl - will you come be my party planner? I'm in the middle of planning Cadence's and ready to have a nervous breakdown - then I look at your post and I'm ready to throw in the towel. You're amazing - I could never top your birthday bash - just wish we lived closer so we could have come. Love you guys!

Adventures Of A Girl And Her Dog said...

Their bday party was SO MUCH FUN! Im glad that I got to go and celebrate with them!

Katie said...

So cute!!! So many great ideas for a pirate party! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun

Chuck and Tonya King said...

What a super cute party! I can tell the boys loved it, and that's what it's really about! Bummer about the pirate ship cake... So are you guys all going to be pirates for Halloween this year??