Friday, August 22, 2008

Its FRIDAY, HURRAY!

It is only 2:30 and so far the day has been quite the adventure! I went to a yard sale this morning (which always makes me happy) and found a TON of adorable name brand winter clothes for the kids that were only 50 cents each!!!! YEA for YARD SALES

When I got home Spencer reminded me that we were going to head to the library so we could exchange his books! BJ didn't have to work till 2:00 so he was excited to come too! Everything was going great until... we got in the car to leave! (we didn't make it too far) Spencer and Cooper were both just grouchy! I don't need to go into every yelling crying tantrum filled detail but it was quite exhausting! We HAD to run to the store for bread and eggs and got out of there as fast as possible got home, had lunch and were ready as EVER for nap time!

I laid down to try and get my mind off our "outing" when I remembered this great little ensign article I read yesterday! Its about how kids can be more then you bargained for some days but to try and find the joy in them and to try and understand their actions from their perspective!
Well it certainly meant something to me today!
I am so glad my boys are little boys! I'm going to try harder to remember that and enjoy them instead of always worrying about what they are or arent doing!

I am glad its FRIDAY! I am excited to do this cute craft idea when nap time is over! And I am really glad I have this new blog as a way to help me understand life a little better!

Oh here is the link to that great article! It was in this months Ensign called
"Grasshoppers, Purple Bathtubs, and Other Surprises"
By Wanda I. Allen
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=ec6de97864a6b110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

I am so glad you have something to look forward to today--

You are totally right--kids aren't always what you bargained for (like mine are being tonight). grr...but I love that article you attached. Thanks so much for sharing. Just what I needed today!

Oh, and as for our book and craft each day, sometimes I see a craft I want to make and then pick a book to go with it (just browsing at the library while the kids play) and sometimes I find a great book and then look for a craft. Sometimes I think of them on my own, and sometimes I use ideas in books or on websites. The kids LOVE this...and I am going to continue it this school year. It really helps the day to go by and Jenna is ALWAYS looking forward to it.