Sunday, May 29, 2011

Joy School Graduation

Cooper has spent the last year in Joy School. It has been such a fun Preschool. All through school Cooper has been working on his speech and his natural shyness. He has grown leaps and bounds when it comes to his speech! He is getting so big! But he is still, oh so shy!
All through graduation he was hiding his face. He sang along with all the other kids but very quietly. It was so sweet!
He kept looking at his teacher, and tryed to avoid eye contact with anyone in the audience!
I really sympathized with him, BJ and I could tell it was just tearing him up inside to be in front of all the parents and family!
When he did dare to look out he would look right up at me, I would smile and give him a thumbs up and he would look down and smile! I just love my tender little Coop!
The kids did a graduation march as we hummed the the grad song.
He was so proud that Daddy and all his brothers could come!
His teacher, Miss Susanne was so wonderful with him. Every day he come into class and cover his eyes and hide behind me. And Miss Susanne would take him by the hand and bring him over to the opening activity. She made a caring effort to help him feel comfortable and included.

It meant a lot to Cooper! I think her compassion and patience really contributed to his growth!
We are so proud of the sweet, sensitive and caring boy Cooper is becoming! WE love you so much Coop!

2 comments:

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Yea, congratulations Cooper! We are so proud of you!!

Brent said...

He did do a great job. I don't think two days a week was enough for him. He was nervous going, but was so excited after coming home. By the way, I think I'm getting a little bald on top there. What a great picture angle.