Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1st Day Preschool....and all ready to go!


So the day has finally arrived! Spencer was up and ready and could wait to get out the door! Unfortunately Beej had to work but my Grandad and Jenise spent the night so they could see Spencer off! He was so excited to go and insisted on wearing his tennis shoes because he said "Big kids only wear tennis shoes to school NOT sandals!" I just laughed at his awareness of school fashions!!!!
(BJ took him to school on Tuesday and Spencer brought his first homework assignment in his "All about me board")
I had planned a fun breakfast but all he wanted was a bowl of cereal and to be on his way! Dad came with me to drop him off! He wasn't the least bit timid he just went right in signed in dropped his stuff in his cubby and went started checking everything out! As we walked out I said goodbye and told him I would be back to get him and very VERY casually he said "ok bye mom!" I am so proud of him for being so curious and ready to learn!
Funny thing happened when I left to go get him, my BATTERY was dead! I left 30 minutes early so I could go get a few ingredients for a Disney themed lunch and oops the car was dead! I panicked but a very friendly neighbor gave me (and Coop and Graham) a ride! I was late picking him up but he didn't even notice! First one there last one to leave! Just what he wanted!! I am sure good at stressing FOR the kids when they DON'T even notice a problem! :) Another lesson I can learn from my kids!

I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU to my parents who made it possible for Spencer to go to preschool this year! We really wanted to send him but with BJ still looking for a new job we weren't able to afford it! So a very heartfelt THANK YOU again from all of us! I cant wait to see how much Spencer grows from this year in school!

1 comment:

Chuck and Tonya King said...

I am so proud of you and of Spencer! There were no visible tears from either of you on that first day of school!!!

Mom and I were happy to help, and are excited for the results! It looks like a great school, with plenty of FUN ... I am So jealous ... I want to go with him!!!