Sunday, February 28, 2010

PAAaaaarta Time!

Spencer recently turned 5! Its so hard to believe but my baby boy is NO LONGER a toddler he Align Centeris a...... KID! a Big KID! I working on another post about my terrific BIG boy!
This post....
Is ALL about the PARTY to celebrate his 5th year as a part of our family!
So sit back , RELAX and ENJOY the show!

( My disclaimer is that I am 100% in love with Birthdays, and this year BJ made me promise to keep the party budget UNDER 50$ so here it is..... homemade and DINO-MITE!)

This year I made a fondant cake, my 1st one! Here is the play by play! It was surprisingly easy AND YUMMY!
Step 1Step 2Step 3Step 4Step 5The Finished Dino! Kind of like a fat Barney but I the kids thought he was perfect so all the little imperfections didn't matter! We had snacks for all the kids and parents that were there....
Pudding cups with Dino fruit snacks hiding in the different layers!

Dinosaur Nests with different "eggs" There were veggie nests and fruit nests and a few sweet nests too! We also had some salty snacks- DINO CLAWS also known as Buggles!!I had such a fun time turning the house into a Dinosaur Jungle! I pick and choose through these pictures so you get to see them ALL! It was t
We played a bunch of Dino-Tastic games:

We dug for (homemade) fossils! They had a blast and got so excited when they found one buried in the sand! (we did this in the garage so don't mind the sick cludder everywhere:)
When they all came in we played a game called the Stego Stomp! Everyone a balloon around each ankle and they had to try to STOMP each others balloons! The boys got way into it and i was pleasantly surprised because no one was scared!!!

We also played "Pin the Tooth on the T-Rex" I was a little hesitant to play this game because I thought it was kind of lame but the kids laughed and laughed they thought it was so funny when they put a tooth on his eye or arm! IT WAS A HIT!
I got a little crafty and tried to make a volcano so we could have a science experiment unfortunately my volcano dough didn't think it was such a good idea! so it looks REALLY shabby! We had Roar contests to see who could help add the LAVA ingredients, so get ready for some loud ROARING in the video!

After our science project we had one last activity... THE PINATA! I tried to make it again! I figured anything would be better then last year! :) SO I tried a pull the string style and ..... well just watch....

I am hoping all the kids care about is whether or not candy comes out!!! Maybe next time I will finally make a pinata that works!!!!:)

It was time for cake and the big surprise came out smoking! I really love Spencer eyes in these 2 pictures! He looks so amazed, and THAT is what I was hoping for!
Look at that HANDSOME boy! I am so excited to see how he grows this year! Kindergarten starts in the fall and he will be with me less and less, my heart beats and my eyes water to think that he will need me less but I look forward to all the new ways I can be there to help him! HAPPY BIRTHDAY my big boy I LOVE you more then I know how to say!

9 comments:

Ms. Amber said...

this was such a FUN birthday, and so well put togther!!! my kids had a blast thanks cam! happy birthday spenc! we love you!!!

BreAnn said...

His Birthday looks like so much fun! Will you come do one for me and drive all the way up here in Wyoming!?

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Happy birthday big boy Spencer! It looks like you had a wonderful party, thanks to your talented Mommy! we love you!!!!

Katie said...

What a super fun and CUTE party!! Great ideas! One question about fondant cakes... are you supposed to eat the fondant or do you peel it off and just eat the frosting underneath? I have no idea which is why I haven't ventured into fondant yet...

Nicole said...

You come up with the cutest ideas and they turn out cute too! Awesome job!

Linds said...

wow! It is simply amazing to me how much time and effort you put into birthdays!!! I would say I'm inspired, but I don't think I could ever have the talent (or patience) to do all of that... I'll just have to hire you when I want a killer party! you go all out! That is awesome. :) Happy birthday to your little guy... glad you guys had a fun time!

Unknown said...

Good))) Thank you) Obet

Dawn P said...

Cam - It reminds me of all the fun times we had when you guys were little. Theme parties are SO fun and the memories last forever. Good job next generation!

Mandy said...

I was browsing blogs and came across yours. Just wanted to let you know you did a great job on your son's birthday party and I am sure he will remember it for years to come! (-: