Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Who's Ready to Jump?

So not only did he graduate from college he got a party and a surprise too! It doesn't get better then that! I struggled and struggled trying to decide what to give my sweet hubby for finishing after so many long years of school! And then Steph (thanks Steph) gave me a great idea! SO after his last day of class and his last test was finished I told him in celebration and as my gift to him
HE WAS GOING SKYDIVING!

It has been a dream of his for a long time and I thought it would be a great release from all the pressure of finals and school! So Sunday morning we all drove down to the Hurricane Airport to watch BJ (and Chris and Sommer) jump out of a plane!
He was so excited and not nervous at all,silly guy! But when we pulled up to the airport and saw the office for "Skydive Zion" I started to get nervous!
Fortunately Rick their instructor was very confident and well trained (or so he told us:)
Chris went first then Sommer and so BJ's Jump was the GRAND FINALE! He had his last minute training before he got on the plane and then he was OFF!......

This is the step he had to step out on the jump out of the plane.. does the step intimidate anyone else? Bj said afterwards the intimidating part is when the door opens and the cold air rushes in!!!
After they took off they flew over Zion National Park and then circled back to jump out over the airport! We all waited (my heart beat very quickly) until we saw the plane right above us and then just after the parachute open and a mini BJ get bigger and bigger as he got closer and closer to landing!!!! (ahhh and BREATHE a deep sigh of relief!)
Once he landed he had such a HUGE smile and was overflowing with excitement! All he could say was how awesome it was and how he was ready to go again! Spencer was so proud of his Daddy for jumping and using a parachute! He was practicing while each person jumped! He looked so dang cute!
It turned out to be a great time, BJ loved it and has since decided he wants to start skydiving as often as he can!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I used to think that going sky diving would be so cool, and sometimes I still do. But now that I have kids...... not so much. lol. I'm glad he had a great time!

HanksFam said...

That is awesome! Good job, BJ. And Spencer, you look so cute!

Ms. Amber said...

WOW!!! I can't even imagine how many butterflies I would have once I stepped onto that little step, Way 2 go beej! I love the thought of going but I don't know if I would actually be able to jump!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

Way to go Beej! I think Cam and I both breathed a lot easier when you guys all landed safely!!