Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PART-A

So yes I am STILL catching up.....

Sunday after Graduation and the big JUMP I threw Beej a little Grad Party up in Springdale (since he loves Zions SO SO much!!!) It was pretty simple, sandwiches salads and a few treats!

The fun part was all the people that came to congratulate him!
My parents, Jenise and Abby and my Brother Chirs and his fiance Sommer (who my parents managed to interrogate at the party before the 2 of them went back to Rexburg! SORRY SOMMER! But WELCOME to the Fam!!!!!)
Bristie and Matt and Uncle Jess
Amber and her kids and Steph and Caleb
Bj's Mom and Dad and his Grandma Julie and her Sister Aunt Sandy and Uncle Cal from Orem! It was a bid surprise, Bj hadn't seen them for a few years! We were so glad they came!!!
Jess, Liz and Alex made a special effort to stop by, they had a super busy weekend up north so it was sure thoughtful of them to come over!!!
Bjs Aunt Lisa and Uncle Monte came with their daughter Melissa and her new baby June! And his Uncle Heber and Aunt Michelle!

I didn't actually catch everyone with the camera but it was a great turn out and it really meant a lot to BJ (even though he would never admit it) so THANKS a million to everyone who came!

The park was beautiful and everyone really enjoyed it! The one funny (SCARY, I am trying to make myself feel better about it by being positive) was that when we got there this time the small stream I remember was now a RUSHING FAST RIVER! The kids were OBSESSED with it! We actually lost Coop for a while, in all the hustle and bustle and MATT found him just in time down by the bank of the river!!! ahhh I had nightmares for a while afterwards!
On a happier note there were caterpillars EVERYWHERE for the kids to play with and Brent set up a little rope swing that the kids LOVED!
Oh and did I mention there was lemonade at the boys fingertips!
I had another surprise for BJ at the party! AMBER (I cant thank you ENOUGH) helped me put together a special book for BJ titled "I am proud of you because...."
In it we scrap booked pictures from his time in school and left room for everyone to write him a note about WHY they are proud of him! It turned out beautifully and when he read every ones notes I think it really meant the world to him!
I hope he now knows how proud his family and friends are of his commitment and hard work! It was a great graduation weekend!

2 comments:

Ms. Amber said...

CAMEO!!! I am so glad you are back to the blocking kinda chick that I know you are! I always enjoy reading your posts! This was a fun party with very yummy food! I'm glad I was able to go its such a pretty drive up to Springdale!

Chuck and Tonya King said...

It was a great grad party. You had a wonderful meal and LOADS of food, plus your signature little graduation cap-cupcakes! Congrats BJ!