Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Its Time to CELEBRATE!

I cant believe its been over 3 weeks since I last posted! Life has been NON STOP BUSY since GRADUATION! But I AM BACK and ready to get started on the recap!
BJ Graduated May 3rd 2009 after 7 years of school! He graduated with a Bachelors in Criminal Justice from Southern Utah University!
He has moved half a dozen times during that time, got married, had 3 boys and worked at 9 different jobs mostly putting in 40 hours a week at every job! HE HAS TRULY WORKED for this degree! He is the first in his family to EVER go to school and the first to get a degree! WE ARE ALL SO PROUD of his determination and HARD WORK!
Saturday morning BJ's Mom and Dad and I went to the convocation where President Monson spoke to the graduates! It was so exciting to see BJ walk in and listen to all the speakers congratulate the graduates! (We all got a kick out of watching all the little faces walk down the isles SEARCHING for OUR short cutie with the facial hair!) It was kind of emotional for all of us it was the first time I realized he had finished and HOW proud I was of all he had done to finish his GOAL!
Then in the afternoon ALL the family came to actual graduation where we got to watch BJ get his diploma!
The boys were so proud of him Spencer and I made a special sign for him to hold up when ever he saw his DADDY! It was a big day for all of us!
We had SO much family there to support us! All of BJ's family (except Lance because he is in Ohio working)
And all of my family came from Mexico City(escaping the SWINE Flu), Rexburg and even my Aunt Pelar and a few of her kids made it from Wyoming!
It has been such a long road but he has worked so hard to see the end now is rewarding! It was a great day, a great day where we all showed BJ how much he means to us!
CONGRATS hunny, YOU DID IT!

4 comments:

Steelefamily04 said...

I know the excitement and relief that you have felt. way to go b.j. i am excited to see what you guys do next

Katie said...

Congrats, BJ! That is so awesome!!

Ms. Amber said...

YAY!!! He's finished! Cameo my *HoMeGiRl* I must say you look AWESOME!!! You can't even tell you just had a baby and your shoes are FABULOUS!!! o and B.J. looks good 2 lol

Chuck and Tonya King said...

YEA B.J.! and yea to Cameo who supported his efforts!